Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Most eventful bus trip ever

I just got back from KL today. So I was waiting for my demon ride from hell...ooops..I mean bus at the platform at Pudu when I noticed this Indian dude and his wife staring at me like I'm some piece of tandoori chicken. This could only mean two things:


(A) He wants to know where you are are going and on which bus and at what time?
OR
(B) All of the above


Isn't it strange how Pudu and the various bus companies infuse a sense of no-confidence into travellers? I mean I have been asked quite a number of times and usually people ask because:


(A) The bus is late
(B) They are worried they have missed the bus
(C) They are on the wrong platform
(D) They just like to piss the lonely Chinese dude who is smoking in a corner waiting for his bus....oh wait that's me..hahahahhaa


So anyway this Indian dude started asking a lot of stuff and I just told him to relax man. As long as I can see you and you can see me, neither of us have missed the bus yeah? Anyway there was a lot of small talk and I found out he was from Calcutta in India. I asked him if he had tasted the Tandoori chicken in Malaysia. He said he has tasted better in Sri Lanka.


WTF? Sri Lanka? We lose kao kao.


Anyway when the bus finally arrived there was this aunty who suddenly asked me in Mandarin about the bus and so on...I assume la because I don't know mandarin. I think I replied something along the lines of:


"ping chen...si er tien pan"


because I bought a ticket for the 12.30pm bus which arrived at 1pm while the aunty was holding the 1.30pm tickets. That's when I realised. Oh good god I just spoke mandarin to a stranger. I don't know if what I spoke was actually what she wanted to hear. I could have said "I love Hello Kitty" without realising it.


Anyway, during the 10 minute toilet break halfway through the journey, I heard a lof of honking near the parking bays of the rest stop. Apparently some woman had parked her car on the side of a double lane exit. And the one who was honking behind....was a 30 foot long trailer, which obviously couldn't squeeze through that 1 free lane. There was another passenger in the car, some old aunty who couldn't drive I guess because the next thing I knew, she approached some Chinese dude who was smoking and drinking bottled RM2 Lipton ice lemon tea by the side. Oh wait, that's me. hahahahaha...


She was speaking in Cantonese but I already know what she wants. I hopped into the Myvi and drove it to another spot. So there it is. My first time driving a Myvi.......for 10 seconds. Yayyyy...


There was also this old uncle who out of a sudden started smoking in the bus. I was pissed as shit man. NO FUCKING WAY!! How can you smoke in a bus, which is an enclosed, air-conditioned environment with a lot of people in it......without letting me join in?? hahahaha.. It's a good thing I didn't though because the bus driver actually told that uncle off...with a mixture of words like kotek and puki. He was really not a happy driver this one.


Oh well, that's pretty much the bus journey for me. Might not be as eventful as some of you guys out there maybe but it's the most eventful for me to date. I drove a Myvi today....and saw someone smoke in the bus...and was told that Sri Lankan Tandoori chicken is better than Malaysia's. WTF...

4 comments:

Yap Hong said...

I still think you are gay.
Oh wai...t! You are gay!

kthxbai

Unknown said...

wahh, u hopped in stranger car ahh...
aiyooo, straight away drive back penang la. walau ehhhh....

1 bus ticket cost around RM 30++ and tol around RM 50++ include penang bridge. total RM 100++ only can change a car cost around RM 40000++.

walauuuu damn worthy mannnnn....
really kanasai la u....

hahahahahahhahahahaahahaa

wasted gay!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wa.. so evenful, no wonder heard nothing from you that day. Guess u will be busy blogging these days. haha.

That's called freedom.

slacker said...

yap hong: no no no no..you gay youuuuuuu

tan sri: sorry boss..next time i don dare d...sure i will take the car nex time..haha

jc: ermm...freedom can be equals to boredom too..lol